How To Turn Pictures into Greeting Cards
| Roses for an Anniversary or Valentine |
Ever want to make a professional looking greeting card out of your own artwork? I mean the folded 5x7 kind, which comes in an envelope looking like something special, and printed on quality card stock. Better yet, do you want to see if others like it enough to pay money to have it sent to someone else?
Here's a picture I took a few years ago of roses I gave my wife on our wedding anniversary. For those of you photographers, this was done with a digital Canon EOS, and since I'm a rank amateur with photos, it took me about 100 tries to get the lighting right with a soft feel to the petals, but it's something that I feel proud of.
To turn it into a card, I used Cardvio.com. They let you play around on the site for free, so before you create your own card for sale, you should get a feel for what it's like to choose a card, add your own messages, and so forth. Then hunt around on the home page a bit, and you will find the link to the Greeting Card Artist Site.
The Cardvio artist site allows artists to create cards for sale right on the site, simply by uploading pictures and other artwork into the site. It also allows me to put the image of the card into a blog, like this one. This means that if you click to send the card off this blog, and actually pay to send the card to your loved one, I get about 60 cents for my effort. If you buy directly off their site, you get 17 cents.
Cardvio will print and mail the greeting card for you or your "customers", so you don't need to worry about that. Or you can print your own. But then you have to worry about printing the cards, cutting the cards, folding the cards, and finally mailing the cards. That's a subject for another blog post ....
Labels: anniversary cards, cardvio, greeting cards, mail real greeting cards online

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home